Our Trip To Beamish Museum - The Living Museum Of The North

On Friday 19th August, we went to Beamish Museum, and oh my goodness what a lovely day it was! Beamish has always been one of my bucket list places, due to my love of period dramas and history. It was fascinating to see how people lived in the North East throughout all the different periods, from the late 1800's to the 50's/60's. You could either walk or take one of the old vintage public transports down to the main town; it was like walking into the past! The old sweet shops, dress shops, the bank, the grocers.

There was also a separate mining village, with a school, a church, and of course the mine. And there was a Victorian farm (which sadly we didn't go to, but we will go the next time). The bakers made all their food fresh throughout the day using the old-timey methods and oh my the smell, it was mouthwatering!

If you would like to go to Beamish yourself I highly recommend it.
You can find all their information, booking and events here.

Below are all the photos I took that day! I hope you enjoy them!


















You Might Also Like

0 comments